1. Amasai- Contains over 30 live probiotic cultures, and this cultured beverage also contains pre-digested proteins that make it highly digestible. Amasai does not allow any abnormal bacteria to thrive in the digestive tract.
2. Really Raw Cheese- A source of probiotics and nutrients. With its portability, ease of storage, and calcium and fat-soluble vitamins, raw cheese is an awesome probiotic rich food.
3. Cultured Whey- Which can be found in Suero Viv, contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and probiotic microorganisms.
4. Cultured Veggies- such as kimchi, organic soy sauce, and properly prepared sauerkraut, add spice and vigor to meals.
5. Kvass- A Russian staple of refreshment for centuries, has a malty taste with a sweet finish and light sparkle. This probiotic beverage of the first rank is slowly finding its way into health food stores across America. Nourishing Traditions Cookbook has a great recipe for Kvass.
6. Natto- A fermented soy bean paste with an unappetizing smell, is full of Bacilus subtilis spores as well as other wonderful probiotic nutrients. You'll have to shop at Asian markets or other well stocked natural food stores.
7. Probiotic Salsa- may resemble commercial salsa, but that is where the similarity ends. Rejuvenative Foods makes Jordan's favorite salsa.
8. Kefir- A probiotic fermented milk drink made by kefir grains. This beverage led to Jordan's health comeback after he was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease
9. Kombucha- Also from Russia, more widely known. Fizzy fermented beverage is made from black or green tea and a fungus culture.
10. Yogurt- Deserves to be on any Top 10 list, especially if you can find sheep's milk or goat's milk yogurt.
By Jordan Rubin p 88 of Live Beyond Organic.
My goal is to eat a serving of a probiotic food/beverage with each meal. I usually hit this goal pretty easily. I think I am "overeating" when it comes to probiotics- which of course is a good thing. I used to take probiotic capsules that are VERY expensive, but now I consume my probiotics with my meals. It saves me money and it is much healthier this way. There are amazing sources of healthy probiotics in many foods. Go give them a try if you haven't already. You will feel better and stay well!