Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Nourishing Hot chocolate

Is there such a thing?  Well, around my home we drink hot chocolate often.  If I am not drinking my new favorite drink Choffy , I am making homemade hot chocolate.  Here is my recipe.  It is perfect for the cool crisp Florida mornings.

Nourishing Hot Chocolate:
1 C Raw milk
1 tsp coconut oil/ 1 tsp vanilla
1 tbl organic cocoa powder
2 tsp organic sugar - your preference

Warm up the raw milk gently on the stove.  I keep it at 3-4 until it warms up slowly.  I do not want to pasteurize the milk by heating it up too hot.  Add the tablespoon of cocoa powder right away and whisk vigorously with a fork until all the powder is blended nicely.  Add the coconut oil bc it needs to melt in most cases.  Then add the sugar and vanilla at the very end.  Keep whisking the milk because it is important to make sure everything mixes properly.  That is the key to yummy homemade hot chocolate.  If the flavor is still off, just add more sugar.  We are so used to a lot of sugar in processed foods.  It may take u a little while to get used to adding less. Be careful though.  Once you make it homemade, you may never be able to go back to drinking it from the packets again!

No comments:

Post a Comment