Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A healthy alternative to Gatorade

Do you drink sports drinks very often?  Once a week, twice a week, or everyday?  How healthy are sports drinks after all?
Good question.  Gatorade was my"healthy drink" of choice in high school and college.  I remember thinking that I was "healthy" when downing 16 ounces of gatorade after a long run or hard workout.  I thought I was helping my body be a better athlete- like all the commercials seemed to portray.  I was ignorant then, but I am not now.  Gatorade is packed with sugar- which in my day was high fructose corn syrup (most likely from genetically modified corn), artificial ingredients, and food dye (which is disturbingly toxic).  I cringe when I remember drinking tons of gatorade during my first pregnancy.  Is gatorade even a better alternative to soda?  That is a post for another day.  Today I am talking about SueroViv from Beyond Organics.  This is my healthy gatorade.   Of course, I haven't had gatorade on a regular basis for years, and so that is why I am so excited.  If you love sport drinks, you will love this drink.  My favorite is Raspberry Lemonade and it tastes very good.  My body feels replenished after a bottle of SueroViv.  What is SueroViv exactly?

"SeuroViv is a whole food, living cultured beverage that literally means whey of life.  We start with cultured whey and combine it with mountain sprain water, organic juices, organic honey, and organic essential oils for a healthy and delicious beverage that is abundant in electrolyte minerals and B vitamins.  SueroViv is a cultured beverage that contains probiotics, antioxidants and enzymes, along with important nutrients such as Calcium, Potassium and Magnesium."

If only all athletes, young children, and pregnant mothers were drinking healthy and nourishing beverages.  How much better would we all feel by properly consuming beverages that rejuvenate, rehydrate, and replenish our bodies and minds.

If interested in learning more or purchasing check it out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment