Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Honesty is not the best policy- for food sales.

My friend on facebook posted this picture today. It is an awesome example of what food companies DO NOT do. How many food manufacturers are really honest with their labels? There is a whole multi-billion dollar business in hiding ingredients.  How much healthier would we all be if labels were straightforward like this one? Besides buying, local, raw, organic; I also try to follow the "5 ingredient rule".  If I do buy something that is processed, I try to buy the item with the least amount of ingredients.  One of my favorites is Haagan Daaz ice-cream- only 5 ingredients! It passes :)  Healthy Eating 101- NEVER buy anything that has the word imitation in it!  Thanks Nikki for the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment